[Dovecot] OT Re: what best for anti-spam filter?

Wed Jul 25 19:24:22 EEST 2012

On 2012-07-24 2:36 AM, Federico Bianchi <fbianchi at arte.unipi.it> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, fy wrote:
>> what anti-spam for you used ? dspam?spammassian? amavisd-new ? what is
>> best ?

> If you can afford using a separate "boundary" SMTP (and, thanks to
> virtual machines, this is much more common than just a few years ago),
> MailAvenger is likely to be a very good solution: for Bayesian filtering
> it relies on plain SpamAssassin, but it really shines in doing deep SMTP
> transaction analysis, ruling out most spam at that level and making it
> far less CPU and memory intensive than its counterparts.
>
> You can find it at http://mailavenger.org/

Since it doesn't even directly support postfix, I wouldn't even give it
a chance.

Personally, my dream antispam system would be ASSP integrated with
amavisd-new running only as an after-queue content filter, and use
postfix's rock-solid built-in pre-queue anti-spam measures.

ASSP's Block Reporting feature is really awesome for end users to manage
anything in their quarantine.

--

Best regards,

Charles