[Dovecot] recover .sieve plaintext from .sievec binary file

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Jul 9 23:28:10 EEST 2012

Hi,

I upgraded a server from an old Linux distribution to a much newer one.
In the process, Dovecot got upgraded from v1 to v2.

By mistake, I deleted the .sieve plaintext file with all the Sieve
filters, but I still do have the .sievec compiled binary. Is there any
way to dump the binary file back into plaintext format? Keep in mind,
I'm running v2 now, and the binary was made on a v1 Dovecot server.

Thanks.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/