[Dovecot] director: non standart ports at backends

Dominic Malolepszy dmalolepszy at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 16 06:02:38 EEST 2012

Apologies for drudging up an old thread, but I was wondering if you
experienced any issues with the way dovecot caches sql results using
your discussed setup? I have used your thread as a guide to run dovecot
backend on non standard ports.
 From what I understand Dovecot will auto index the cache using the %a
variable (which is good), however the returned cache also contains the
old username, which causes the dovecot proxy to rewrite the username
prior to passing on the user/pass details to the backend.

I have discussed the issue here:
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-July/067072.html