[Dovecot] Can we know when a user read our email?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 3 21:19:20 EEST 2012

Am 03.06.2012 20:11, schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
> On 06/03/12 13:26, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> and now tell us how you "connect" YOUR sent message over SMTP
>> to any seen fleeg of another user?
>>
> Dovecot could write directly to their mailbox. Otherwise, it could do
> whatever the sieve vacation plugin does.

oh yeah, explain this the customers MUA when he clicks on "sent mail"

it is naive to believe some weird solution which
only works as long the sune shines is useable

>>> The worst possible thing that can happen is that he
>>> writes it and makes his customers happy
>>
>> if it is his business make people happy with lies, ok
>> my business is make people happy by telling them the truth
>
> I don't think he plans to lie. I think he explained the limitations and
> they don't care.

if they don't care i would refuse them as customer

i saw way too often people saying "i do not care"
but later "oh but you did not explain THIS result exactly"

> People have different tastes. I wouldn't personally use ~100% of the
> things that I fix for other people

people are mostly to stupid to realize what they
are trying to accomplish and why it it a bad idea

this is why we professionals exist and if people
refuse what you are explaining them kiss them
goodbye - irt will be better for you over the long