[Dovecot] upgrade from 1.0.5 to 2.1.7

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at anup.de
Fri Jun 8 17:50:51 EEST 2012

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> >> what exactly are you not understanding here?
> >> this is a very clear message
> >
> > I find the message very confusing. It says to do all settings inside auth {} and
> > then to remove the auth {} section.
>
> no, it says you should MOVE all settings OUT from auth {}
> in the main part and add a prefix auth_ to them
>
> you quoted your auth{} section
>
> in a pure 2.x setup this would not exist

I get this output when I move the passwd settings to the main section:

# doveconf -n -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf > /home/mail1/dovecot-2.conf
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 710: Unknown setting: auth_passdb

Also if I use !include /etc/dovecot/auth-passwdfile.conf in the main section,
the auth-passwdfile.conf weems to be ignored. It has the following content:

passdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  #args = scheme=CRYPT username_format=%u /etc/dovecot/passwd
  args = /etc/dovecot/passwd
}

userdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  #args = username_format=%u /etc/dovecot/passwd
  args = /etc/dovecot/passwd

  # Default fields that can be overridden by passwd-file
  #default_fields = quota_rule=*:storage=1G

  # Override fields from passwd-file
  #override_fields = home=/home/virtual/%u
}

I don't know where to put the passwd section.

  Andreas