[Dovecot] dovecot ignores entries in virtual_alias_maps when using dovecot lda

Marko Weber weber at zackbummfertig.de
Fri Jun 8 18:44:32 EEST 2012

Am 08.06.2012 16:12, schrieb Steve:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:56:34 +0200
>> Von: Marko Weber <weber at zackbummfertig.de>
>> An: Dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org>
>> Betreff: [Dovecot] dovecot ignores entries in virtual_alias_maps
>> when using dovecot lda
>

>> hello list,
>> i need help. dovecot dont look into my virtual_alias_maps .
>> i set via postzfixadmin an alias postmaster at domain.tld to
>> newmail at domainother.tld.
>> when i send mails to postmaster at domain.tld mails are rejected.
>> dovecot
>> authworker tells
>> me in log: user unknown.
>> but i can request the data via postmap -v -q postmaster at domain.tld
>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias.cf
>> and get result "newmail at domainother.tld".
>>
> This is postfix related. You need to look into your
> /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf and there you have referenced
> (probably with an !include) a auth-sql.conf.ext file. The content of
> that file is important to us. Probably there you have a userdb {}
> entry with an driver = sql and an args entry. The file you reference
> there in the args entry is important to us too. Can you post the
> content of those files?

10-auth.conf:

auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5

!include auth-system.conf.ext
!include auth-sql.conf.ext

(thats all in the 10-auth.conf file)

auth-sql.conf.ext:

passdb {
   driver = sql

   # Path for SQL configuration file, see
example-config/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
}

userdb {
   driver = sql
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
}

/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext:

connect = \
   host=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock \
   dbname=postfixadmin \
   user=wurst \
   password=irgendetwaspasswort

default_pass_scheme = MD5

user_query = \
         SELECT \
         CONCAT('/home/vmail/',maildir) AS home, \
         CONCAT('maildir:/home/vmail/',maildir) AS mail, \
         maildir, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid, \
         CONCAT('*:bytes=', CAST(quota AS CHAR)) AS quota_rule \
                 FROM mailbox \
                         WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1' LIMIT 1

password_query = \
   SELECT \
     username AS user, \
     password, \
     CONCAT('/home/vmail',maildir) AS userdb_home, \
     CONCAT('maildir:/home/vmail/',maildir) AS userdb_mail, \
     5000 AS userdb_uid, \
     5000 AS userdb_gid \
         FROM mailbox \
                 WHERE username='%u' AND active='1' LIMIT 1

thats all.

do you need more information , lemme know.

marko