[Dovecot] question about changing certificate

oni-neko at gmx.net oni-neko at gmx.net
Wed Jun 13 10:47:02 EEST 2012

thank you for your answer!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:39:39 -0400
> Von: Gedalya <gedalya at gedalya.net>
> An: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Betreff: Re: [Dovecot] question about changing certificate

> Are both files identical, do they both contain the private key?

umm, no, ok, I think I see at least part of the problem: I have only the certificate, but no key =/ durr, ok, that is way obvious as a problem.

next question: do I need the key to use the certificate or can I only use the certificate and leave the value of ssl_key_file empty?

thank you for answering my obviously quite, umm, uninformed questions =)

greetings
silvia