[Dovecot] Virtual users - what is better Maildir or mbox?

J E Lyon role.Dovecot-Readers at JLAssocs.com
Mon Jun 25 10:58:45 EEST 2012

On 25 Jun 2012, at 08:52, Kaya Saman wrote:

> I've previously **only** ever worked with Maildir but I was told that there are some benefits to mbox which is why I decided to try to use it here!

I used mbox before Dovecot, but once I found Maildir, I never looked back.

I've not come up with any significant advantages of mbox that count for much in my experiences and installations . . Would be interested to hear of suggested advantages that I might have overlooked or know of reasons why they're not an issue . . not sure how much the list wants to hear, but feel free to email me direct if you want.

J.