[Dovecot] Virtual users - what is better Maildir or mbox?

Branko Majic branko at majic.rs
Mon Jun 25 13:01:40 EEST 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:52:51 +0100
Kaya Saman <kayasaman at gmail.com> wrote:

> To start with the reason I'm not using LDAP is because I couldn't find
> enough information on how to set it up! I did post here a couple of
> times but got no responses...... so I figured it was something that
> people either didn't know or found trivial.

For my own use I've switched to the LDAP as provider of user
information and credentials (for Dovecot/Postfix/ejabberd/anything I
can get to talk to the LDAP). It's not that hard to figure out, but
getting used to LDAP itself can take a little bit of time.

In my case I'm using the LDAP just for checking if a user is present on
the system and for authentication purposes (for the mail server).

Haven't tried using quota etc with LDAP.

Anything in particular you're having problems coping with? :)

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.