[Dovecot] Removing specific entry in user/auth cache

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri Jun 29 10:13:58 EEST 2012

El 29/06/12 07:32, Timo Sirainen escribió:
> On 29.6.2012, at 5.18, Daniel Parthey wrote:
>
>> wouldn't it be better to use a syntax similar to other doveadm commands,
>> with labels for all arguments?
>>
>> doveadm auth test -u <user> -p [<pass>]
>> doveadm auth cache flush -u [<user>]
>> doveadm auth cache stats
>>
>> This will allow you to syntactically distinguish "commands" from "arguments".
>> Otherwise you might run into the same "kludgy" syntax problem again, as soon
>> as the number of subcommands changes.
>
> The problem was with the "auth" toplevel command not having subcommands. I don't think there are going to be any problems with subcommands. Also there are many commands already that take <user> without the -u parameter. Actually it's only the "mail commands" that take -u parameter at all.
>
> Another potential problem is "doveadm user" command. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to move it to "doveadm auth user" or "doveadm auth userdb" command. There should be also a similar "doveadm auth passdb" command that does a passdb lookup without authentication.

	Other command it could be usefull is to remove a temporal user-server
association in director. For example, I had a downtime in one server, so
users normally directed to this server is now been directed to other.
Now I want a user to get back to his normal server (force it, I know we
willl get back after a timeout), but I don't want to flush all user
connections to the backup server.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática