[Dovecot] RAID1+md concat+XFS as mailstorage

Fri Jun 29 14:15:10 EEST 2012

On 2012-06-29 2:19 AM, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
wrote:
>> Has anyone tried or benchmarked ZFS, perhaps ZFS+NFS as backing store for

> yes. long time ago. ZFS isn't useful for anything more than a toy. I/O
> performance is just bad.

Please stop with the FUD... 'long time ago'? No elaboration on what
implementation/platform you 'played with'?

With a proper implementation, ZFS is an excellent, mature, reliable
option for storage... maybe not quite the fastest/highest performing
screaming speed demon, but enterprises are concerned with more than just
raw performance - in fact, data integrity tops the list.

http://www.nexenta.com/corp/nexentastor

http://www.freenas.org/

Yes, the LINUX version has a long way to go (due to stupid licensing
restrictions it must be rewritten from scratch to get into the kernel),
but personally I'm chomping at the bit for BTRFS, which looks like it is
coming closer to usability for production systems (just got a basic fsck
tool which now just needs to be perfected).

--

Best regards,

Charles