[Dovecot] dovecot-sieve and LMT

Martin Weil admin at postia.de
Mon Jun 18 20:44:38 EEST 2012

Dear list,

My mail server is working perfectly. So I am trying to add feature after feature, until I have all the features I need. This has worked fine until now. I am trying to get dovecot-sieve to work. So I activated dovecot-lda and the sieve plugin and told postfix to use deliver instead of procmail. After restarting all services I then created a test sieve file. Obviously I have not yet understood the whole process completely because, it simply does not work.

I suspect some permission problems or misconfiguration of the sieve file, but I am not sure where to look for solutions.

-rw-r--r-- 1 2001 2001 116 2012-06-16 21:25 /var/mail/vmail/domain.com/user/dovecot.sieve

dovecot.sieve
require "fileinto";
if header :contains ["subject"] ["Test"] {
  fileinto ".Folder1";
} else {
  fileinto ".Folder2";
}

Of course Folder1 and Folder2 do exist. (/var/mail/vmail/domain.com/user/mail/.Folder1 and Folder2)

As far as I can tell there are no errors reported anywhere, I checked mail.log and syslog. 2001 is the virtual uid/gid of this particular user.

If anyone can help me with this it would be great. The Mailserver works very well apart from this.

There was one odd thing apart from this. In the docs I read that auth-master has to be running for deliver to work correctly. I did not know this before, but mails were delivered correctly after I started using deliver. So is there a need for auth-master to be running or not?

Thanks a lot
Martin

dovecot -n output:
# 1.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-028stab091.2 i686 Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS reiserfs
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap imaps lda
ssl: required
ssl_cert_file: /home/mweil/CA/cert.pem
ssl_key_file: /home/mweil/CA/key.pem
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_max_userip_connections: 25
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_uid: 10000
mail_gid: 10000
mail_location: maildir:/var/mail/vmail/%d/%n/mail
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at domain.com
  mail_plugins: sieve
  mail_plugin_dir: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda
auth default:
  user: nobody
  passdb:
    driver: sql
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  userdb:
    driver: prefetch
  userdb:
    driver: sql
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode: 432
      user: postfix
      group: postfix
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 432
plugin:
  sieve: /var/mail/vmail/%d/%u/dovecot.sieve

postconf -n:
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
config_directory = /etc/postfix
inet_interfaces = all
mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = 102400000
mydestination = host.domain.net, localhost,
mydomain = domain.com
myhostname = host.domain.com
mynetworks = 127.0.0.1
myorigin = $mydomain
readme_directory = no
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks	reject_sender_login_mismatch	permit_sasl_authenticated		reject_unauth_destination	reject_unverified_recipient
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sender_login_maps = pgsql:/etc/postfix/lookup/pgsql_sasl_senders.cf
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /home/mweil/CA/cert.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /home/mweil/CA/key.pem
smtpd_use_tls = yes
virtual_alias_maps = pgsql:/etc/postfix/lookup/pgsql_virtual_alias.cf
virtual_gid_maps = pgsql:/etc/postfix/lookup/pgsql_virtual_gid.cf
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/vmail/
virtual_mailbox_domains = domain.com
virtual_mailbox_limit = 0
virtual_mailbox_maps = pgsql:/etc/postfix/lookup/pgsql_virtual_accounts.cf
virtual_uid_maps = pgsql:/etc/postfix/lookup/pgsql_virtual_uid.cf