[Dovecot] userdb errors after upgrading to 2.1

André Rodier andre.rodier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:04:13 EEST 2012

Hello everybody,

I am running debian wheezy for development and test, and I recently
upgrade to dovecot 2.1.7

I am using LDAP lookups, and virtual users with the same UID/GID.

Everything was working fine before, but now, I have this error when I
try to send an email to a local account:

Jun 26 15:46:52 lapetus dovecot: lmtp(24518): Error: user
user.test at indienet.com: Auth USER lookup failed
Jun 26 15:46:52 lapetus dovecot: auth: Error:
userdb(user.test at indienet.com,127.0.0.1): client doesn't have lookup
permissions for this user: userdb reply doesn't contain uid (change
userdb socket

However, even if I set the permissions to 0666, I still have the same error.

Can you point me in the right direction to fix this, please?

Kind regards,
André Rodier