[Dovecot] Preferred LDAP Attribute for home/mail location

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Jun 29 12:43:31 EEST 2012

Is there, among the dovocot community, any preferred LDAP schema and attribute to use for setting the home/mail storage location?

Some people seem to use the qmail schema, some a Jamm schema (whatever that is), and Markus Effinger has even created a dovecot schema (https://www.effinger.org/blog/2009/01/11/eigenes-ldap-schema-erstellen/). There may be more.
I could even create my own given we have been assigned an official OID a decade ago anyway.

However, sometimes I prefer to use what most other people do.
I would effectively only need to store the name of the relevant NFS server.