[Dovecot] LIST-STATUS issue

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Sat Mar 3 03:48:23 EET 2012

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On 2.3.2012, at 20.27, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>
>>> I don't see anything in the code that could explain why this could be
>>> happening. What filesystem are you using?
>>
>> Nothing fancy: jfs on Archlinux.  I've been using it for years -
>> it's not something I have recently changed.
>
> jfs used to have a problem with not updating directory's mtime when
> link()ing files to it, which caused Dovecot not to notice new mails.
> This got fixed a few years ago though. But it is a bit suspicious
> that this is happening with jfs..

I can now verify that QRESYNC is triggering this behavior.

* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED
I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SEARCH=FUZZY SPECIAL-USE ACL RIGHTS=texk]
Logged in as slusarz
1 ENABLE QRESYNC
* ENABLED QRESYNC
1 OK Enabled.
2 LIST "" (IN.horde.dev) RETURN (STATUS (UNSEEN))
* LIST () "." "IN.horde.dev"
* STATUS "IN.horde.dev" (UNSEEN 0)
2 OK List completed.
3 EXAMINE IN.horde.dev
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft $Forwarded NonJunk
impflag0 impflag1)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] Read-only mailbox.
* 3 EXISTS
* 1 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 3] First unseen.
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1255685339] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 2805] Predicted next UID
* OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 8266] Highest
3 OK [READ-ONLY] Select completed.

(The unseen message arrived about 7 minutes before I issued these
commands, so it didn't sneak in between command #2 and #3).

michael