[Dovecot] Pop3 ordering in mdbox

Christoph Bußenius busseniu at in.tum.de
Thu Mar 8 19:56:03 EET 2012

On 03/04/2012 03:10 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> BTW. The script should some day be updated for Dovecot v2.0.13+ which supports storing separate POP3 and IMAP message order.

Oh, I was not aware that this feature exists.

I was just experimenting with the "O" flag in dovecot-uidlist to see how
the conversion script can be updated.  I was wondering if this is only
implemented for Maildir?

Our migration process involves:
   1) Converting the maildir from Courier using the Perl script
   2) Converting to mdbox using dsync -R backup

The POP3 ordering seems to get lost during the second step.
I.e., if Dovecot is set up to server POP3 mails from a maildir having
"O" flags, the POP3 ordering is as intended.  After changing the
configuration to mdbox format and converting the mails using dsync, the
POP3 ordering is different.

Is this known or am I missing something?  (I tried Dovecot 2.1.1.)

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Bußenius
Rechnerbetriebsgruppe der Fakultäten Informatik und Mathematik