[Dovecot] invalid mailbox name

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 13 11:20:47 EET 2012

On 13.3.2012, at 11.10, Vincent Schut wrote:

> - the imap client (offlineimap in this case) should translate the "&" into "&-" on the fly (I can do that, you can give folder translation functions in offlineimap)

Oh, and you probably shouldn't do any automated translations, since they're more likely to just break things. This isn't just about the & character, but any non-ascii, such as a mailbox called "pää" would be translated as "p&AOQA5A-". If you go and change & in there to &-, it would end up showing broken to user.

Unless there are a lot of these, it's easier to just rename the broken mailboxes in the source server.