[Dovecot] dovecot and systemd

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 15 16:05:29 EET 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 14:34 +0100, Michal Hlavinka wrote:
> What exactly should happen when
> dovecot.conf does not match dovecot.socket configuration?

Dovecot's systemd code was written by one of you Redhat guys. I had some
similar thoughts when I applied the patch, but didn't really know what
to do about it, so I didn't do anything. So: I don't know. Maybe some
other project has solved this somehow already?

Dovecot anyway needs its own internal UNIX listeners. Should all
internal inet listeners be disabled? Could Dovecot somehow talk to
systemd and ask what listeners it's using for Dovecot and log warnings
if they don't match?