[Dovecot] problems with SSH-based clustering dovecot 2.1.1

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Thu Mar 15 16:24:01 EET 2012

Hi --

On 15.03.2012 15:04, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2012-03-15 9:46 AM, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de>
> wrote:

>> Thus, at 3:01 one report from mx1 will be delivered at mx1 into
>> mailfolder
>> REPORTS and at 3:01 one report from mx2 will be delivered at mx2
>> into the
>> mailfolder REPORTS. Important: both mails are different but they
>> arrive
>> in the mailfolder REPORTS at the same time, one at mx1 the other at
>> mx2.
>> And, let's call the report from mx1 cronjob "mx1-report" and that
>> from
>> mx2 "mx2-report".
>
> so these are LOCAL mails delivered to local user accounts?

All locally produced mails are aliased to the very same virtual user,
namely myself.

> The easiest thing to do for this is simply alias the local
> address(es)
> so that they all go to one single server/account (I would use only
> virtual, but you can do it with system accounts too).

That is exactly what I'm doing, I'm running virtual, only. No local
user
accounts here. Every locally produced system mail end in virtual
mailboxes
of myself.

In the given example "mx1-report" is delivered to REPORTS at mx1 and
"mx2-report"
to REPORTS at mx2. Now, I want to access them via IMAP for instance at my
mx1
mail account. Without dsync I would only be able to access
"mx1-report", thus
I do need to sync REPORTS to see both at mx1.

> I see lots of potential problems doing it the way you are doing it.

Hmm, now, I don't understand you.

Regards,
Michael