[Dovecot] auth tcp socket, Authentication client gave a PID 7542 of existing connection

Alex Ha alex.handle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:16:58 EET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Alex Ha <alex.handle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On 16.3.2012, at 22.00, Alex Ha wrote:
>>
>>> dovecot: auth: Error: BUG: Authentication client gave a PID 7542 of
>>> existing connection
>>
>> Oh, right, PIDs of course aren't unique when you're using multiple servers. Try if the attached patch fixes your troubles. If it does, I'll commit it to hg.
>>

> Thanks Timo! I will try the patch and report to you.

Hi Timo!

I tried the patch with 2.0.19 and the dovecot error messages disappeared.

I still get a lot of this postfix warnings:

SASL LOGIN authentication failed: Connection lost to authentication server

but only for ips which tried a sasl brute force attack.

"Connection lost to authentication server" could this be because of
the dovecot auth penalties?
so far i did not get any complaints from users.

Thanks for your help!

Alex