[Dovecot] Advice for new dovecot / imap proxy? setup

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 23 12:50:04 EET 2012

Are you thinking about actual "dummy" proxying (which is normally what Dovecot proxying is about) or about the "imapc" backend (http://www.dovecot.fi/products/105-dovecot-imap-adaptor.html)? If you're using Dovecot as backend servers, there's really no reason to use imapc proxying.

> We'd like to support all the recent IMAP goodies to make modern users happy (IMAP IDLE, LEMONADE, etc)

Dovecot doesn't support the full LEMONADE yet, but I don't know if there are any LEMONADE clients either.