[Dovecot] sysconfdir depreacted

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Mar 23 15:57:30 EET 2012

On 23/03/2012 12:53, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 23.3.2012, at 12.44, Heiko Schlichting wrote:
>
>> Timo wrote:
>>> So the only way I can think of how to change this is to add another
>>> option to optionally remove the dovecot/ suffix from the directory, but
>>> is this really worth the trouble?
>>
>> I would appreciate such option too. For large dedicated installations other
>> schemes than /etc/dovecot are common.
>>
>> See http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-January/036131.html
>
> Yes, I was also thinking about that, but it's about removing the dovecot/ suffix from other directories as well. That might be something worth doing (--without-package-suffix or something?).

well squid is using another way such as the directory you specify and
without the /dovecot (squid) suffix.
it's not that important.
if you do change the config directory you know where you are putting it.
i,m using the /opt/(service name)
to install most of my self complied software so idont really care about it.

but if the sysconfig directory as a directive it should be the default.

Regards,
Eliezer
--
Eliezer Croitoru