[Dovecot] recovery of mdbox folders (was: Re: distributed mdbox)

Jim Lawson jtl+dovecot at uvm.edu
Fri Mar 23 19:33:42 EET 2012

On 3/23/12 1:11 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 3/23/2012 7:13 AM, Jim Lawson wrote:
>

>> I'd like to move to mdbox, but it would mean the recovery scripts will
>> need to understand which files are associated with which folders, as
>> well as restoring the associated index files.  That's a to-do.
> That's an easy weekend project. ;)

Out of curiosity, does anyone do self-service restoration of individual
mdbox folders?  If I'm going to write a script to do it, it'd be nice to
avoid any pitfalls someone else has already run into.  :-)
We're already backing up from snapshots, so the synchronization issues
are solved (at least at backup time...)

Jim