[Dovecot] delivering with maildrop

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Mar 25 14:41:35 EEST 2012

On 23/03/2012 14:02, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 3/23/2012 6:41 AM, Radim Kolar wrote:
>> Can somebody provide maildrop syntax for using deliver-lda as final
>> delivery program during sorting mail in user mailfilter?
>>
>> i mean replacement  for "to" statement
>>
>> if ( /^(To|Cc):.*dovecot at dovecot.org/:h )
>> {
>>   to $MAIL/.dovecot/
>> }
> Dovecot's local delivery agent uses the Sieve language:
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve
>
> The syntax is quite different than maildrop or procmail.

I think that's why he asked the question?

I presume he wants to filter first with maildir, then actually deliver
using the dovecot delivery agent?

In answer to the OP: read the maildropex man pages, but you have several
options, eg:

to "| someprogram"
or:
xfilter someprogram
`someprogram`

However, almost certainly I think you want the top option?

Good luck

Ed W