[Dovecot] migrating mailboxes on dovecot

Sun Mar 25 18:01:39 EEST 2012

On 2012-03-25 8:53 AM, Luuk at dovecot <dovecot at vosslamber.nl> wrote:
> i would also setup a forward from domainA to domainB for all the users
> that have moved, at least until most people who do send email know the
> 'old'address has changed.

I would only do that for a few days at most, otherwise it just turns
into a crutch that will 'enable' lazy people to wait 'forever' until
they change their address book.

What I do is set up the alais for a few days, then convert it to a
custom reject, informing the sender of the new email address.

--

Best regards,

Charles