[Dovecot] Another hint from the clue box 8-) imapc/imap proxy user mailbox server location

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Fri Mar 2 00:35:27 EET 2012

I'm running imapproxy as shown at
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/ImapcProxy. In fact, that's my config
in the wiki. 8-)

It's been working, but has performance issues when the Exchange server
that's hard-coded as imapc_host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx doesn't happen to be
the user's home exchange server.

I'd like to point dovecot at the correct Exchange server based on an
LDAP query, and in fact, have an LDAP search that works:

DC=example,DC=com

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(userAccountcontrol:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(sAMAccountName=username))

With the exchange server being returned in the msExchHomeServerName
property as:

/O=example/OU=INT/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=exchangeservername

I believe this should somehow end up in the userdb section, which
currently contains "driver = prefetch", but can't seem to figure out
specifically what should be there.

The only important part is "cn=exchangeservername", which is the
machine name and would need to be prepended to example.com to get the
fqdn.

Can anybody toss me a clue?

Once I get it working, I'll update the wiki.

Thanks!

Terry