[Dovecot] Advise on upgrading from a jurassic version - please help.

Martin Mielke mmielke at sapphire.gi
Fri Mar 9 02:50:47 EET 2012

Hi all,

I have inherited an old Dovecot installation which is causing headaches almost every day.

I know that one of the rules says "Don't bother asking questions about v0.99.x versions. They're no longer supported."...but please bear with me, this will be quick as I only need some advise from experienced Dovecot gurus out there.

I have read the Dovecot documentation and there are instructions to upgrade from 0.99.x to 1.x and so on... my question is: can I upgrade from 0.99.11 to 2.x directly or is it a massive leap? If so, what do I have to keep in mind? This is a production system so I should not break anything... or at least have a rollback plan...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Martin