[Dovecot] Problem with sieve

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanneret at internux.ch
Mon Mar 19 12:28:34 EET 2012

Hello List!

I have a tiny-teeny problem with dovecot + sieve: it seems that the LDA
doesn't run sieve, and thus doesn't filter my emails.

Here's the sieve configuration:

plugin {
   # Used by both the Sieve plugin and the ManageSieve protocol
   sieve=/var/local/vmail/%n/dovecot.sieve
   sieve_dir=/var/local/vmail/%n/sieve
   sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags
}

The managesiege:

protocol managesieve {
# Specify an alternative address:port the daemon must listen on
# (default: *:2000)
   listen = localhost:2000
   managesieve_logout_format = bytes ( in=%i : out=%o )
}
(this one is working fine, I can edit the filters through roundcube
webmail, and the correct file (/var/local/vmail/%n/dovecot.sieve) is
edited)

the lda part:

protocol lda {
   postmaster_address = foo at bar.com
   mail_plugins = sieve
}

I think all is in place to allow dovecot to use sieve... ?

One more thing:

dovecot --version
1.2.15

Any help will be welcomed :).