[Dovecot] dovecot and cloudfile systems

jackie sparks jackie.craig.sparks at live.com
Sat Mar 24 22:34:49 EET 2012

I'm trying to store mailboxes in a cloudfile system and I am running into alot of problems using courier, between time skew, file locking and cache creation problems. I was wondering if dovecot has any problems using maildirs across a limited fuse file system.
I cant lock files,

This is accessed using the fuse library.
I thought taking out the standard checking for return values would be a work around because everything imap daemon is doing can be done from a shell by hand except filelocking and setting times on files.
I am doing this on Rack Spaces cloud files. This is something that not many if any are doing.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=
This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, is
confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the individuals or
entities to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this e-mail and any file attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify me by email at jackie.craig.sparks at live.com. You must destroy
the original transmission and its contents.