[Dovecot] How do I test if the anti spam plugin is working?

Dr Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 14:29:39 EEST 2012

I've configured the dspam anti spam plugin, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything when I move mail between mailboxes. Can anyone help me determine what's going on?

The plugin appears to be loading; at least if I don't define all the required configuration options I get a complaint in the log file. But beyond that I don't see any activity.

Here's the config:

	babel# dovecot --version
	2.1.3

The dovecot anti spam plugin config is:

	protocol imap {
		  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins antispam
	}

and

	plugin {
	    antispam_debug_target = syslog
	    antispam_verbose_debug = 1

	    antispam_backend = dspam
	    antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature

	    antispam_signature_missing = error

	    antispam_trash_pattern_ignorecase = trash;Deleted *
	    antispam_spam_pattern = SPAM

	    antispam_dspam_binary = /usr/local/bin/dspam

	    antispam_dspam_args = --deliver=;--user;%n at _%d
	}

I don't even appear to be seeing any log entries from the plugin.

I've moving an email from my main mailbox into a mailbox called 'SPAM', which is how I thought that it was supposed to be triggered.

Cheers,
Joe