[Dovecot] Is it possible to migrating mail to dovecot using imapc?

Dr Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 22:44:08 EEST 2012

I'm excited to hear that dovecot now supports imap as a mailbox type.

I've got a mailbox over on another imap server, which I want to migrate to dovecot. I was wondering whether I could use 'doveadm backup' to setup a two way synchronisation process between the old imap mailbox and the new dovecot mailbox. That way I can do the migration, and can coordinate the mail clients changing where they pick up their email from later.

But, I can't find much documentation on imapc, other than it exists.

Is this kind of move possible now? Would someone mind giving me some hints as to how to make it work please?

Thanks :),
Joe