[Dovecot] Strange behaviour for sieve_before

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri May 4 12:42:41 EEST 2012

On 5/4/2012 11:20 AM, Simone Caruso wrote:
> Hi all,
> i moved from dovecot 2.0.15 (lda) to 2.1.5 with lmtp transport, all works well
> with the same configuration directives.
>
> But sieve_before stopped working with mail_debug=no.
> The weird thing is that, with mail_debug=yes the sieve_before script starts working.
>
> Any idea? Thanks

This is an interesting bug that scores high on the stupidity scale. It
was introduced by this change:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/rev/b2ff597c2279

I wonder why I only broke this for sieve_before.

Fixed:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/rev/aa611f912da6

Regards,

Stephan.