[Dovecot] per user sieve after filters

Andre Rodier andre.rodier at gmail.com
Sat May 5 11:07:42 EEST 2012

On 04/05/12 08:02, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> On 4/9/2012 6:26 PM, Andre Rodier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks for dovecot, as it's still the best mail server.
>>
>> I'd like to use per users sieve_after scripts.
>>
>> Can I put in my dovecot config file, something like that:
>>
>>    sieve_after = %h/Mails/Sieve/After/
>>
>> It would be very useful for me, as I'd like to add vacation script to be
>> executed from this place.
>
> I've tested this recently and it works for the above example.
>
> Additionally, I've extended multiscript support with the possibility
> to specify multiple sieve_before and sieve_after scripts:
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/rev/b2ff597c2279
>
> So, you can now (once released) have a configuration like:
>
> sieve_after =  %h/Mails/Sieve/After
> sieve_after2 = /usr/lib/dovecot/sieve-after.d
>
> And I changed the implementation to accept ~/ substitutions, so it is
> now also possible to do the following:
>
> sieve_after =  ~/Mails/Sieve/After
>
> Turns out more people need/use a solution similar to yours and that is
> the reason I made it more flexible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

Thank you Stephan.

I have started a small vacation plugin  for roundcube, that uses this
feature. (https://github.com/arodier/Roundcube-Plugins)

By using sieve filters that way, I can create complex filters with
templates, that does not interfering with "normal" sieve filter scripts.

Kind regards,
André