[Dovecot] Thunderbird STARTTLS error

Ken Stevenson ken at allenmyland.com
Tue May 8 21:58:15 EEST 2012

I'm just learning about this, but I was able to get it working
recently. Also I haven't read your earlier posts.

Did you receive intermediate certificates from StartCom? When I got my
certificate, I had to concatenate together the contents of the
domain_name.crt file and the gd_bundle.crt file. That concatenated file
is the one I specify for ssl_cert_file. It has 4 certificates in it. I
ask because when I run the openssl command, my certificate chain has 4
sections where yours only has one.

Does your ssl.cert have the intermediate certificates in it?