[Dovecot] mixed MBOX and Maildir format ?

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Wed May 9 12:19:18 EEST 2012

On 05/09/2012 02:20 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 09:16 +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> would it be possible to have mixed formats in Dovecot 2.1.x  userland ?
>>
>> I mean
>>
>> MBOX format for INBOXes
>> Maildir format for IMAP folders   ( to let users create subfolders )
> You could, although I think it's a bad idea (more complex, mbox breaks
> easlier, etc.) http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Namespaces#Examples

And ... ( at last I promise ) would it be possible to convert some IMAP
folders
during the transfert WITHOUT stopping the production ?

I mean , actually all mailboxes are in MBOX format ( INBOX and IMAP
folders )

what I would like to do is :

When a user is not connected I transfert his/her IMAP folders from the
server's local disk
to a NFS mounted bigger and expendable partition ( NetAPP filer's volume  )

During this transfert I also would like to convert the IMAP folders
format from MBOX to Maildir

Is it possible ?

thank you