[Dovecot] Thunderbird STARTTLS error

Markus Fritz markus at opsys.de
Wed May 9 23:29:11 EEST 2012

Am 09.05.2012 18:50, schrieb Janne Snabb:
> On 2012-05-09 22:48, Markus Fritz wrote:
>> Thanks! That might help, yes I got the sub.class1.server.ca.pem file.
>> How I include this to my ssl.crt file now?
> Just append the intermediate CA certificate in the same file AFTER your
> own certificate. As in:
>
> # cat sub.class1.server.ca.pem >> ssl.crt
>
> As a result you should have a file ssl.crt which consists of the following:
>
> -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
> [several lines of your own certificate]
> -----END CERTIFICATE-----
> -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
> [several lines of the intermediary certificate]
> -----END CERTIFICATE-----
>
> ...and nothing else.

Thanks, I've done that. But it didn't help. Thunderbird still has the
error 'TLS not aviable due tempoary reason'.
The key still has (when I do openssl x509 -in ssl.crt -noout -text)
 X509v3 Basic Constraints:
                CA:FALSE

Remember: IMAP with SSL/TLS on port 993 is running well. STARTTLS on
port 143 not.

--
Markus Fritz
Administration