[Dovecot] BODYSTRUCTURE bug?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu May 10 12:39:43 EEST 2012

On 10.5.2012, at 12.22, A.L.E.C wrote:

> On 05/10/2012 11:02 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> This works fine in v1.0.15 and v1.1.20. Are you sure the problem is the order of the parameters, and not that the second one is broken in some other way? Or I guess it might be that in your specific version this is broken, but I don't remember such bug.
>
> Yes. I'm sure. Dovecot version is 1.1.19 on gentoo. I'm attaching the
> message source which works. The diff to non-working version is:
>
> - protocol=application/x-pkcs7-signature; micalg=sha1

The message is broken. If you look at RFC 2045, what it comes down to is that '/' character cannot be in the value unless the whole value is "quoted". So this isn't a Dovecot bug, but anyway Dovecot v1.2+ happens to parse this in the way you want because it uses a different RFC 2231 parser, which just happens to parse this in a more forgiving way.