[Dovecot] Quota, message is never send?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat May 12 21:42:20 EEST 2012

Am 12.05.2012 20:35, schrieb Luuk at dovecot:
> On 12-05-2012 19:48, Gedalya wrote:
>>
>> I understand you sent an email to yourself?
>> If you gained one $message_size upon reception and lost 2*$message_size
>> upon deletion from Inbox+Sent, I would suspect quota plugin isn't active
>> when the message is being delivered. How are messages delivered? Dovecot
>> LDA, LMTP or an external MTA?
>> You really should use LDA or LMTP to handle quota accounting.
>
> Yes, i was sending it to meself...
> Postfix delivers mail using procmail.
> Next thing i need to read about mailservers are the LDA/LMTP pages....

this should be one of the first things

nobody needs procmail/shellscripts to get quota with postfix
and a MDA with LMPT support wokring these days

usually the better way implementing services is to draw
what exactly is needed and read docs how all this things
can be achived

example from dbmail (dovecot should be the same)
/etc/postfix/master.cf:
dbmail-lmtp     unix  -       -       n       -        -      lmtp -o disable_dns_lookups=yes

set the postfix-transport to "dbmail-lmtp:127.0.0.1:24" for each domain which should
be delivered to LMTP and you are done, "dbmail-lmtp" is only a name