[Dovecot] doveadm not working

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Sun May 13 16:13:29 EEST 2012

> doveadm quota get -A
> doveadm(root): Error: User listing returned failure
> doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users
> Username Quota name Type Value Limit                                                 %
>
> All I see in the logs is:
>
> May 13 13:03:20 mx0 dovecot: auth: Error: auth worker: Aborted request: Lookup timed out
> May 13 13:03:21 mx0 dovecot: auth-worker(26753): Error: LDAP: ldap_start_tls_s() failed: Connect error
> May 13 13:03:21 mx0 dovecot: auth-worker(26753): Error: LDAP: ldap_start_tls_s() failed: Can't contact LDAP server

I just enabled Stats in both LDAP servers. When doing a doveadm quota get -A there does not happen any LDAP connection to one of my servers.

If I do a "telnet -4/-6 ... 389" to each of them, I can see the ACCEPT stats. So why does doveadm not connect with LDAP, while the service dovecot works perfectly?

How can I debug this?

-Christian Rößner

---
Roessner-Network-Solutions