[Dovecot] namespace from snapshots

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 14 19:04:36 EEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 16:33 +0200, Karl Oulmi wrote:

> namespace da1 {
> prefix = INBOX.backup.da1.
> hidden = no
> list = yes
> inbox = no
> location = maildir:/da1/%u/Maildir
> type = private
> }
>

> I have two problems :
> - In my log, dovecot complain about the fact that my snapshot filsystem
> is read only
> Error: open(/da1/test2 at toto.com/Maildir/.Trash/dovecot-uidlist) failed:
> Read-only file system

See if http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/7f238016db81 helps. If
you're not saving mails via dovecot-lda it might still complain if there
are new files.

Also if it complains about indexes add :INDEX=MEMORY to location.

Alternative to the patch is to add :CONTROL=~/Maildir/snapshot-control/%
u or something to location, but that could get problematic also.

> The second problem is that through my thunderbird I can't see the Inbox
> saved in the snapshot (whereas I see Sent and Trash folders)

It should be accessible as "INBOX.backup.da", although some older
Dovecot versions don't handle that properly.