[Dovecot] Can we know when a user read our email?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 14 19:38:07 EEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 08:56 -0700, Beto Moreno wrote:

>  I have seen some emails servers that if I send a email to other
> person I can see if that person have read our emails and with a option
> to delete the email if the person hasn't read our email.
>
>  Does dovecot have some like this feature?

This doesn't really work with IMAP/POP3 protocols. It requires Exchange
or something else.

What would be possible is to check if a user has _downloaded_ your
message, but many clients download messages immediately when they arrive
so it might not be very useful. And in any case Dovecot has no such
feature.