[Dovecot] Log files

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 14 19:59:16 EEST 2012

Like I said, the log files are created by Dovecot master process at
startup. The log service's user permissions don't matter because the
files are created before it runs. Changing this behavior wouldn't be
easy and I don't think it's worth the trouble.

There's anyway an easy workaround, start dovecot with a script:

touch /home/user/dovecot/logs/dovecot.log
touch /home/user/dovecot/logs/dovecot_info.log
touch /home/user/dovecot/logs/debug.log
chown user /home/user/dovecot/logs/*
exec dovecot