[Dovecot] Valid config for lda_mailbox_autosubscribe with dovecot 1.2?

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Thu May 17 14:22:29 EEST 2012

On 05/17/2012 12:11 PM Joan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to some reasons I've to support both dovecot 1.2 and dovecot 2.x, and I
> just found that the -s parameter I used to autosubscribe to sieve folders
> doesn't exist anymore in dovecot 2.x
> The problem arises because (AFAIK) in postfix's master.cf you can only
> specify one configuration, and I used to have this:
>
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -d
> ${recipient} -s
>

> Is there any way to make the config compatible for both versions, achieving
> the autosubscribe and not crashing dovecot?

Just add a second dovecot entry, with a differently service name, to
your master.cf, e.g.

dovecot20 unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot2.0/dovecot-lda
 -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

Then create a transport(5) map and list your 'Dovecot 2' users there, e.g:
john.doe at example.com	dovecot20:

BUT, with Dovecot v2.0 you should better use Dovecots lmpt service.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: deadbeef.1213813 at localdomain.org