[Dovecot] BEWARE: This list is being harvested for leads

Dennis Guhl dg at dguhl.org
Thu May 17 19:05:16 EEST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:47:23AM -0600, Douglas Mortensen wrote:
> I personally didn't mind a one-time notice from the dev's team that
> that are now offering paid commercial support. What if I WANTED it?

There might be a lot of people who did not mind one offlist contact to
a list address, but on the other side there will also be the fraction
saying no, I subscribed to a mailing list and not to a marketing list.

> I felt like it was a courtesy email from them to let me know that
> it's available.

The company was announced onlist sometimes around this time last year
after Timo unofficially announced the company during a talk at the
mailserver conference in Berlin.

> If those emails continue unsolicited, then it may start to feel like
> spam to me, but this did not.

Obviously you are more tolerant in this regard then I would be.

> In general, I've actually been looking for ways to financially
> support good open source projects. I have worked with many & find

No question, but the way and form should be considered.

Dennis

[..]