[Dovecot] BEWARE: This list is being harvested for leads

David Benfell dbenfell at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:06:00 EEST 2012

On 05/17/2012 11:56 AM, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:

> But I still think that it was merely an issue of
> announcing it rather than gathering data from
>
> the list.

First, that (assuming I understand correctly) the message was
apparently sent by means other than the list suggests that a list of
subscribers was indeed divulged. Second, while the label "spam" might
be a value judgement, it was certainly "unsolicited commercial email."
Third, it is unclear that there was any means to opt out of such
solicitations.

By the applicable ethical standards I'm aware of, all of these are
problematic.

--
David Benfell
dbenfell at gmail.com