[Dovecot] Berkeley DB with Dovecot

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon May 21 13:34:41 EEST 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012 06:14:10 -0400
Charles Marcus articulated:

>On 2012-05-20 1:48 PM, Luuk at dovecot <dovecot at vosslamber.nl> wrote:
>> SQlite is only 61Kb, no config is needed
>>
>> If you start using MySQL, and the MySQL-database is changed because
>> of some upgrades to the system that currenly uses it, it might have
>> an impact on your mail-system....
>>
>> For that 2 cents, i would install SQlite!
>
>Out of curiousity...
>
>How is the performance of SQLite? I'm assuming it is only recommended
>for servers that are not under heavy load...
>
>What are the main advantages/disadvantages of using SQLite over MySQL?

I found numerous links for just that sort of information on Google &
Bing. These two seem rather informative.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2824135/how-fast-is-berkeley-db-sql-compared-to-sqlite

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/learnmore/bdbvssqlite-wp-186779.pdf

--
Jerry ♔