[Dovecot] dovecot fts_lucene indexes not being updated

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 21 22:02:48 EEST 2012

On 21.5.2012, at 17.12, Joe Beaubien wrote:

> I can also add that I had "top" running while doing a "doveadm index" on
> 800 emails; doveadm took about 15 seconds to complete and in top I never
> saw lucene-indexer (or lucene-worker) appear.

If you run "doveadm index", the doveadm itself is doing all the work. This isn't necessarily recommended, since if another indexer is running for the user it may cause problems. Also this is probably why you're not seeing a log message about how many messages were indexed.

If you run "doveadm index -q", you should have indexer-worker process and the log message.