[Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.3.1 for Dovecot v2.1.6

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun May 27 11:15:22 EEST 2012

On 25/05/2012 23:12, Stephan Bosch wrote:

> The biggest change is the addition of dict support for Sieve script
> retrieval. It now possible to fetch Sieve scripts from an SQL database
> using the Dovecot dict facility. Read the INSTALL file and the
> referenced additional documentation for more information. Note that
> this feature currently is not usable with sieve_before/sieve_after and
> ManageSieve.

This is very interesting!

In fact on reflection, I would very much like sql decided before/after
and a disk based main sieve script.  Or phrased in terms of usage: I
have groups of users where we have a predefined bunch of filtering that
happens on their account. At the moment the users are grouped into top
level directories so that the "home" and hence default scripts can
cascade down.  However, it means it's not trivial to adjust the grouping
of the users and requires on disk placement to be meaningful.  I would
desire to find a way of when Postfix delivers a mail for a user X that
this will run a bunch of predefined filtering scripts which are
per-user, plus the users normal scripts.  All scripts would normally
live on disk

Perhaps this is actually more easily done a different way?

Thanks for any thoughts?

Ed W