[Dovecot] interesting stats pattern

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 29 21:13:19 EEST 2012

On 29.5.2012, at 21.03, Cor Bosman wrote:

> es, I am getting a list of sessions/users every 5 minutes through cron. Im already using "doveadm stats dump session/user connected"

Actually that's not really correct behavior either, since it ignores all the connections that happened during the 5 minutes if they don't exist at the time when you're asking for them. I'm not sure what the most correct way to do this kind of a graph would be :)

> It's not a big deal or anything, just wondering about the weird patterns. If it's really dropping/gaining connections, id like to figure out why.

Are you only counting imap/pop3 sessions or also others? Anything that touches mailboxes are counted as sessions (lda, lmtp, doveadm, indexer, ..)