[Dovecot] Request for help with dovecot.conf file: configured to work with MySQL and Postfix.

Femi Ajayi redhat19 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:40:50 EEST 2012

Greetings,

I have CentOS 6.2 running on our server with a VPS provider (Linode.com).

I need to configure Postfix, dovecot, MySQL to work for virtual domains
(multiple domains on our server).
The only instructions for setting up Email with Postfix, Dovecot and MySQL
my host provides is for the configuration on CentOS 5 which is here:
http://library.linode.com/email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-centos-5 , I followed
it for the installation/configuration of Email with Postfix, Dovecot and
MySQL on our CentOS 6.2

Everything seemed to work fine until I got to the editing of the
dovecot.conf file. The guide on the Linode Library provides instructions
for Dovecot 1.x, while the newer versions of CentOS (CentOS 6) , apparently
use Dovecot 2.x. The config file format has changed, so the one in the
guide is no longer applicable, and as a result, I got a errors..

I would therefore appreciate it greatly if someone with a copy of the
Dovecot 2.x  dovecot.conf file configured to work with MySQL and Postfix
(for handling mails for multiple domains) could share it with me.

You could get a better understanding of the problem if you take some time
to look at the instructions I followed so far:

http://library.linode.com/email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-centos-5

..and also the forums where I had previously sought help:
http://forum.linode.com/viewtopic.php?p=50603#50603
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=4672839#post4672839

Thanks in anticipation of your help.